Thursday, August 12, 2010

Cheers to Goals for September 1st 2010

Hey Ya'll....Alright, I had a talk with my lovely boyfriend about having a five year plan, this does not mean a five year plan of frying wings at the local Hooters. I liked the idea and I feel it is going to be a project of mine.

With the five year plan, I get nervous because I feel like the possibilities are endless and it is only up to me on what I want to do and who I want to join me on the journey. Even though I'm not quite ready to start my five year plan workbook, I thought a new fall resolution was a good start. Technically it gives you enough time to plan some great goals and then it is immediate enough to satisfy the Freudian "Id" in us.

With that mouth full of gibberish being said, I advise ya'll to set some goals for yourself. They could be anything from weight loss to finances. Make your deadline right before the holidays(or Jan 1). Here is the cool thing...then you can do another set of resolution goals in January. It is a pretty sweet deal if I don't say so myself.

I think too many times we talk about what we will do tomorrow...and as the great Garth Brooks says, "Tomorrow Never Comes." So make it a September goal. I plan to get somethings in order. I want to make some extra money on the side, which might entail my own business. I want to establish a better group of girl friends up in Seattle.

So...write it out, put it up somewhere where you will see it everyday. Good luck and hope you are enjoying your summer.

Next up(Steeling from Katie): Mt. Pilchuck Hike-First family Summit!...hopefully with pictures.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I hate the idea of five-year plans but love the idea of having small six-month goals. This year, I completed my two New Year's resolutions by June so now I am looking for a few more back-half-of-the-year goals. Your ideas fit right in!

counter by online degree advantage
Counter provided by onlinedegreeadvantage.com .