Friday, November 28, 2008
Traveling with Turkey on our Minds
The days have finaly come to an end in Long Beach. It has been so hectic with getting everything finalized and packed. I was so happy to pick Raul up at LAX on Monday night. The airport was crazy...it was crawling with holiday travelers. But we safely picked him up and headed for or last night in our little LB house. The next day the movers came and loaded all our life in the truck while Raul and I finished the last bit of cleaning. With one last stop to In and Out, Raul and I were headed on the 605 N at five o'clock LA traffic. It took us a lot longer to get out of LA and on to the 15 headed to surprise Raul's family for Thanksgiving. We got all the way to Mesquite, NV and stayed at the negative 5 star hotel called the Virgin River. Last time we stayed there I won $30 on Black Jack....but we got there late and had to get up early, no gambling for us. The next day (Wednesday) we were on our way to Rupert. It took us about 7 hours...the dogs were champs and Raul drove the whole way. I took a nap, sang some songs and told funny stories. We rolled into Rupert at about 4ish and surprised Mary and the rest of the bunch. It was so fun. The next morning me, Raul and a few of his cousins ran in the 5K turkey trott...where you can walk, run, wiggle, or waddle your way through the town. We had great food and lots of laughs for Thanksgiving and shared stories and memories for years to come. I had a blast and a full belly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Health Blog
| Counter provided by onlinedegreeadvantage.com . |
No comments:
Post a Comment